Thursday 24 May 2012

Summer

This week has seen a massive surge in temperature. I used to dread the hot weather. To me all that meant was that I'd be constantly hot, sweaty, tired and feeling very much like a whale. I used to feel very down around summer time.

Clothes were a massive problem for me. I only ever wore my black stretchy M&S trousers. Regardless of the time of year, temperature or occasion, I wore those bloody black trousers. I hate the sight of them now because to me they represent me being morbidly obese. I remember last year going to the beach with friends and I had to roll up my black trousers just to go for a paddle in the sea. But they kept unravelling. I just remember thinking, I wish I was slimmer and had the confidence to wear cropped trousers and nice summery clothes. I used to be so jealous of other women who looked good wearing skirts, dresses, cropped trousers & summer tops.

Today I went into town and I bought 2 pairs of cropped trousers & a summery top. I am totally over the moon because they are all a size 16. At the beginning of the year I was wearing a size 22. It was so nice (and a bit weird) to look through the rail and not have to go straight to the back.

When I got home I wasn't sure if they'd fit. The top fits really nicely and the trousers were tight initially but as the evening has gone on they are now comfortable. I was so shocked that they fit. I cannot even describe how it feels to know that I could go into any high street shop and buy things. I am finally starting to feel normal.

This year I am looking forward to summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment